Comment from Russell

The hypothesis being that Earth formed from the collision of two medium sized planets.

Comment from Russell

Postby Russell » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 pm

The following link provides a complete list of topics on this forum:

http://www.preearth.net/phpBB3/search.php?search_id=newposts

Hello Kevin

I have read the 16 point paper you gave me.It is outside my area of competence unfortunately, so I do not feel I can comment much more. The proposal looks interesting ... and I feel awkward in saying this because this is often a phrase meaning "i do not want to look further" ... perhaps what I mean is its would be very time consuming for me to get up to speed on the many topics you involve in the 16 points. I hope someone competent in this area will find you notes and make helpful comments to you.

Kind regards,
Russell
Russell

Re: Comment from Russell

Postby preearth » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 am

Hi Russell,

In fact, a geophysicist at Auckland University has made notes on the main paper and has made helpful comments (this was sometime in May 2010).

What was probably more important than the comments, per se, was that he only pointed out one serious mistake, and this mistake was made in a gratuitous swipe at the official line on continental drift, so was not important to the main thesis.

The geophysicist in question does not however believe that what I claim has happened, actually happened.

Also, I am sure that you have friends in the ID community that would be happy to give you an opinion. Why don't you suggest the web-site to them, in particular the page http://preearth.net/evidence.html . You never know, they may really like it.

Kevin.
preearth

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:06 am

I know a materials engineer, a statistician, a programmer, a DB analyst, a project engineer, and a few others who are interested in ID, but know one who is known to me to be capable in Earth Sciences of any form. Is this asociated with intelligent design? ID is maily about Biology. Do you consider it to be ID?

Postby preearth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Do I consider it to be ID? No, but they may be interested in it anyway.

It might give them some thoughts to counter the standard/official line pushed by geologists, if they ever have reason to challenge that.
preearth

Return to Kevin Mansfield's Earth Formation Hypothesis.